Specialty Crops Events in Colorado
Thanks for coming to the field day! Interested in attending next year? Email Natalie.Yoder@colostate.edu to be added to the email list.
SPECIALTY CROPS FIELD DAY
Thursday, September 15th 2016
Join us for our 2016 Field Day at ARDEC south (also known as the Horticulture Field Research Center). We will be talking about cultivar trials, tasting different cultivars of tomatoes and bell peppers, and talking about our tomato and onion research. Light refreshments will be served.
Interested in Food & Farm Related Events in Colorado? Here’s how we stay tuned in:
2017 Pomology Field Day
Western Colorado Research Center, Orchard Mesa
May 18th, 2017, 9am-3pm
Participate in a Market Chanel Assessment!
CSU wants to pay you (farmer) $100 to help develop your market chanels!
What you have to do:
- Let CSU come visit your farm and have you take the introductory survey,
- Fill out a simple activity log each day documenting the time spent on harvest and market preparation, and
- Give CSU information on sales for the week.
In return, they will:
- Analyze the data using their model,
- Make personalized recommendations to optimize your marketing efforts and channel combinations, and
- Provide a detailed report (found on the Get Involved page) summarizing your farm’s data to guide decision-making.
Farmers Advocating for Organic (FAFO) Grants
Applications due February 1st and September 1st, 2017
Organic Valley’s grant program, Farmers Advocating For Organic (FAFO), is the largest farmer-funded grant program in the country and one of the few focused solely on organic. FAFO awards grants of $5,000-$50,000 for research, education, and advocacy projects focused on protecting and promoting the organic industry or the livelihood of organic farmers.
For more info contact the program manager Vicky Reeves- firstname.lastname@example.org