Interested in Food & Farm Related Events in Colorado? Here’s how we stay tuned in:
Interested in learning about seed production? Meadowlark Hearth is hosting workshops in 2017!
Blooming tour class, July 16th 4-6pm
4th Annual Labor Day Seed Fest, Sept 3-4
Seed Production for Professional Farmers, Oct 7-8
Participate in a Market Chanel Assessment!
CSU wants to pay you (farmer) $100 to help develop your market chanels!
What you have to do:
- Let CSU come visit your farm and have you take the introductory survey,
- Fill out a simple activity log each day documenting the time spent on harvest and market preparation, and
- Give CSU information on sales for the week.
In return, they will:
- Analyze the data using their model,
- Make personalized recommendations to optimize your marketing efforts and channel combinations, and
- Provide a detailed report (found on the Get Involved page) summarizing your farm’s data to guide decision-making.
Ag Tour to Spain!
November 26th-December 8th
Join Pueblo County Extension Director Michael Fisher and Horticulture Coordinator Sherie Caffey as they explore both the agriculture and the history of Spain’s Andalusian region.
This is a diverse tour with stops ranging from seed and grafting propagation to greenhouse vegetable production. You’ll learn about olive oil production and marketing, avocado exports, and fruit production in Spain. Our group will have the opportunity to look at how a cotton cooperative has spread their risk by diversifying into tomato concentrate production and the cut flower business, marketing over 70 million carnations annually. Some of Spain’s famous equine and cattle operations are going to open their gates & barns for our group to learn about livestock production in the region. And of course our travel group will have the opportunity to experience the tastes of the region both through our meals and planned stops where we will learn about cheese, honey, and wine production. In addition to all of this, our group will be exposed to Spain’s culture and history with visits ranging from gardens to architecture, cathedrals to palaces, and fountains to a Flamenco show. Space is limited!